full screen background image

Medical House

     The house of Ivan Lekarski, also known as The Medical House, is a Renaissance house, built in the 50s of XIX century.


     It has a stone ground floor with a two-leaved front door and strongly protruded jetties over the entrance. The plastic motifs of the decorations on the ceilings are stylized medicinal plants of the doctor’s practice during the Renaissance.

     In 1864-65, in the house lived the prominent teachers Nedelya  Petkova and Stanislava Karaivanova.

     In 1878-81 in the medical house lived some Russian officers from the Provisional Russian government. Constantine Irechek, Nikolay Pavlovich and others received hospitality in it.

     It is a cultural monument of local importance. Currently, it’s a restaurant with summer garden.

 

     Address: 13 General Krum Lekarski Street, Kyustendil



View Larger Map

Do you know that:

  • the renowned composer and conductor Marin Goleminov is from Kyustendil.
  • the film “The Knight of the White Lady” was shot in Kyustendil.
  • During the period 1371-1395 Kyustendil was the capital of Velbuzhd’s region.