full screen background image

Medical House

     The house of Ivan Lekarski, also known as The Medical House, is a Renaissance house, built in the 50s of XIX century.


     It has a stone ground floor with a two-leaved front door and strongly protruded jetties over the entrance. The plastic motifs of the decorations on the ceilings are stylized medicinal plants of the doctor’s practice during the Renaissance.

     In 1864-65, in the house lived the prominent teachers Nedelya  Petkova and Stanislava Karaivanova.

     In 1878-81 in the medical house lived some Russian officers from the Provisional Russian government. Constantine Irechek, Nikolay Pavlovich and others received hospitality in it.

     It is a cultural monument of local importance. Currently, it’s a restaurant with summer garden.

 

     Address: 13 General Krum Lekarski Street, Kyustendil



View Larger Map

Do you know that:

  • the first fruit growing fair in the country was held in Kyustendil in 1896.
  • Pautalia means “fountain”, “spring city” in translation.
  • the first woman - circus performer - Pavlina Pencheva is from Kyustendil.