full screen background image

Community Centre Bratstvo

      Community Centre Bratstvo is the oldest cultural and educational institution in the Southwest of Bulgaria, created on July 1st 1869. Throughout the years the Community Centre manages to preserve the spirit of Bulgarian culture and education and to become an important factor in the social life of the town of Kyustendil.

 

      The first self-contained building of the community centre was completed in 1907 with donations from all the people from Kyustendil. The new hall, equipped with all comforts was ideal for theatrical performances. Gradually through the years the community center have created a literary club, children's music school, symphony orchestra, choir, folklore ensemble. The destroying of the Community Center’s building was in 1981 and only the entrance arch is preserved from it.

 

      The community center moved into its current building in 1992. It has two floors with total area of 2200 square meters and has two large halls with 250 and 100 seats.

 

      The Community Centre is situated in the centre of the town and it is a popular daily venue for a number of concerts, performances, meetings of different organizations and institutions, lectures and a variety of cultural events.

 

 

      Address: 11 Otets Paisii Street, Kyustendil

      Telephones: 078/ 52 63 95, 078/ 52 91 95

      Website: http://www.bratstvokn.org/

      e-mail: chitalishte@bratstvokn.org



View Larger Map

Do you know that:

  • in the period 1952 - 2010 in the theater of Kyustendil 323 plays by 190 authors were performed .
  • Kyustendil was the last of the big Bulgarian towns to fall under Ottoman rule.
  • the first Bulgarian school in the town of Kyustendil was established in 1820 in the courtyard of the church “Virgin Mary’s Assumption”.