full screen background image

Landmarks


Iron Bridge over the River Banshtitsa

Iron Bridge over the River Banshtitsa
     The iron bridge, also known as The Bridge of the naked women is a bridge over the River Banshtitsa in Kyustendil.        It was built in 1909 and was designed by the architect Rudolf Fischer and it connects the railway station with the…
Read more

Kadin Bridge – village of Nevestino

Kadin Bridge – village of Nevestino
     Kadin Bridge (Bride’s Bridge) is an impressive architectural monument  in the centre of Nevestino. This is a Medieval 100-meter long bridge built over the river Struma and has five circle vaults, the highest of which is in the middle. The architecture of the bridge…
Read more

The Cave of St. Ivan Rilski - village of Skrino

The Cave of St. Ivan Rilski - village of Skrino
     St. Ivan Rilski is a Bulgarian cleric - the most famous Bulgarian hermit and saint, celestial protector and patron of Bulgarian people. He was born in 876 in the village of Skrino and died in 946.        Southwest of the village, about half…
Read more

St. Peter and Pavel Renaissance Church - village of Prekolnitsa

St. Peter and Pavel Renaissance Church - village of Prekolnitsa
     St. Peter and Pavel is the oldest and the largest Renaissance church within the region of Kamenitsa. It is situated in the center of the village of Prekolnitsa. It is a three-nave basilica with three blank domes and rich decoration of woodcarving of the…
Read more

St. Trinity Church-Monument – village of Gyueshevo

St. Trinity Church-Monument – village of Gyueshevo
     In the close of Bulgarian-Macedonian border, on the trace of the future railway Sofia – Skopie, there was built Trinity Church-monument in the village of Gyueshevo. In the border region during the wars in the beginning of 20th century a lot of Bulgarian soldiers…
Read more

Do you know that:

  • During the period 1371-1395 Kyustendil was the capital of Velbuzhd’s region.
  • the famous mountaineer Ludmil Yankov lived in Kyustendil.
  • the house of Prokopiev is the oldest preserved house of the period of Bulgarian National Revival in Kyustendil.