full screen background image

The House of Konstantin Berovski

     The house of Konstantin Popgeorgiev Berovski is a Renaissance house in Kyustendil, a cultural monument. It is next to the house-museum Ilyo Voivoda.

 

     The date of the construction is not clear, but according to the planning scheme, the building was built in middle of XIX century. It consists of a ground floor and a floor. There are two halls, connected by a staircase and a kiosk above the entrance. The halls serve four rooms. In the house lived Konstantin Popgeorgiev Berovski, a rebel of Ilio the Voivode and brother of Dimiter Popgeorgiev Berovski. The house is part of the renaissance ensemble Ilio the Voivode and is adapted to be the House of Bulgarian-Soviet friendship.

 

     Address: 189 boulevard Tsar Osvoboditel, Kyustendil



View Larger Map

Do you know that:

  • the first woman - circus performer - Pavlina Pencheva is from Kyustendil.
  • in Kyustendil there are about 40 hot springs with temperatures from 50 to 73
  • the first Bulgarian school in the town of Kyustendil was established in 1820 in the courtyard of the church “Virgin Mary’s Assumption”.